Friday, October 1, 2010

And I still find days to doubt?

As a lot of you know my dad has been sick for quite some time and coming on this adventure meant the possibility of losing him and not getting the chance to say goodbye. With that, i got recent news from my mom that my dad was decreasing fast, a whole lot faster then we had imagined. First it was that he was going to be put on shots that are like chemo for the liver and only people with semi healthy bodies are suppose to go on it, which if you knew my dad you would know he is far from that so there was a lot of risk in it for him. Then, I hear that the shots were decreasing him even faster then before….in and out of the hospitals because his blood platelets were dangerously low that he had to get multiple transfusions. Anyways you can imagine what’s going on in my head, “I’m not ready, this is too fast, I need to be there….” the need to be there was the problem because Drew and I are volunteering here, which means we are not getting paid, which means that those wonderful people who have blessed us financially are paying to feed us and house us not send me back to the states. So drew and I and a wonderful group of people have been praying for a miracle. I mentioned to the CEO of Paidia what the situation was and in days he sent out a support letter and within days the whole plane ticket is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so faithful and so mighty and I still find days to doubt? If you and I reflect back into our lives we can be quick to shout GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!! GOD PROVIDES !!!! this whole trip has been very humbling. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers, be confident in knowing that the Lord is working in our hearts and changing us through every experience. “It’s when you are uncomfortable that growth happens” In that take risks, go somewhere new, listen to his voice, be changed, restored and renewed. We love you all

2 comments:

  1. Prayin for you and your family today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char! Your family is certainly in my prayers as are you and Drew. Miss you guys SO much!
    Paz,
    Emelia

    ReplyDelete