Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Make a Joyful noise

I walked into the House Of Hope and was drawn to the sounds coming from the back room, as I got closer I realized it was young and old spirits singing along with one another, “I want Jesus in my heart, oh yes, I want Jesus in my heart.” So I propped myself up on a table outside the room and allowed their voices to lead my heart to a restful place. There is just something about children singing to God that is so sweet and pure, I could listen to them for hours and come away so full. When the singing stopped it only meant one thing, my program was about to start…….

Today at stepping stones was another interesting experience. The moment the kids see you walk into the room they forget about whatever they are engaged in or whoever they are hitting, and run as fast as they can to give you kisses and hugs, or maybe even to hit you! Today’s developmental theme was learning to kick an object, so before we do anything we always start out with a few stretches and then let Abdo take over and lead because more then always he has us on the ground laughing. Then I led them in a bunch of kicking activities, which made it evident that they are improving from the first time I met with them, seeing and experiencing that charges me to keep going. Best part is we just started chasing each other for 5-10 minutes and then fell on the floor to rest. I'm starting to look forward to Mondays with these kids…..Wednesdays are a little rough

1 comment:

  1. Making a BIG difference is usually the result of the MANY LITTLE differences you faithfully made over time. Keep on Char! You make my heart smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete