Monday, November 29, 2010

A thought

There has been something that I keep being reminded of and would like to share.

Sometimes I think I get so caught up in trying to make the right decision. You know the “God where do you want me to go? What do you want me to do.” And sometime the “God should I choose this place or this place?” And it can be so frustrating especially if you are like me and making decisions are almost impossible. But in processing and learning I’ve rested on this. Some times the decision is not what’s important, but the process it takes to make the decision. There are a few examples that I can share. The first one is, when Drew and I were presented with the Israel opportunity. I was so frustrated at times because I was  wanting God to write a sign in the sky the said “GO” but there was never any sign or voice. Yet when I think back to that time I see that it wasn’t the decision that was important but it was all the prayer, silence, conversations, thoughts, faith and community that changed our lives. I believe God will use you anywhere if you are willing and I believe that some times there isn’t an obvious calling to either place but a process that needs to happen to get to a place.

The second example is leaving this place or staying. when  I re-entered the country Nov. 1st I was told I would have to leave permanently by Dec 31st if my volunteer visa didn’t come through, since then drew and I have been talking about leaving or staying. We were so frustrated at times because again we wanted God to just set a bush on fire with a loud voice saying, “It’s time for you to go,” but that never happened. Yet, since Nov. 1st we have grown in so many ways, like communication, trust, hope, patience and love not only with God and this place but with each other. When we sit down and look back over the last month we can say that the process changed our lives and marriage not the decision.

So with this life lesson I believe it’s helped me stay focused on the bigger picture; living in the moment. There are many times in my life that I have been so focused on the decision that I disregard the lessons to be learned in the process. I just get so stressed and mad that God isn’t clear about what He wants me to do or where He wants me to go. So I hope you can rest in that as well.

Love you all, thanks for your prayers and support

2 comments:

  1. i love what you guys are learning. and i cannot wait to hear about it more IN PERSON. love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This speaks to me SO much because of where I'm at in life. So many big and small decisions right now that will inevitably affect my future... but thank you for the reminder of the process, the present moment, and the ultimate goal of growth.

    ReplyDelete